Malaysia DP10 visa | Malaysia Work Permit

Malaysia Work Visa 2019-2020 newnew  From June, 2024 Now you can apply DP10 work permit online DIRECTLY from Immigration ESD website linked with Xpats Gateway. Once you have registered your company with paid up capital (RM1 million PAID UP capital) for all lawful business activities and have arranged physical office with fixed phoneline and signboard permission (PBT), then NO NEED to hire any “Flying Agent”. Simply register ONLINE on Immigration ESD website to apply DP10 Work Permit ONLINE.

But if register your company through such “Company Secretary” who does not know the immigration procedures and adds such activities in your company’s Memorandum which require many licenses BEFORE applying permit and if you apply your Work Permit without getting the licenses as per your company’s activities, then your Work Permit application can be REJECTED and your such company may become a “Total Loss” for you!. SO, always consult with professionals who understand Immigration procedures MORE than Company Registration matters!

How to Start the process?

Simply CLICK HERE to contact us to start the process.

Malaysian Immigration Department DP10 section issues the high category work permits to the Foreigners who are qualified to fulfill the following positions:

Key Post

  • Top Managerial Post of a foreign owned company operating in Malaysia
  • Responsible to look after the company’s interests and investments
  • Responsible in determining the company’s policies and goals

Executive Post

  • Professional/Middle Managerial Post
  • Required academic and working experience, practical skills related to the respective jobs
  • Responsible in implementing the company’s policies and supervision toward the junior staff

Non-Executive Post

  • Highly skilled
  • Require working experience and technical skills related to the respective jobs

New Application

  • Expatriate Resume
  • Hiring Company’s Form9, 24 and 49 with E-info Receipt of Companies Commission of Malaysia confirming the “Paid Up capital” of the company
  • Salary Contract (Minimum  2 years contract)
  • License from concerned authority (Local Council etc..)
  • Company’s contact detail of DP10 Form


  • Employer company must arrange the applications of employment pass for their respective expatriate


What is a Professional Work Permit Visa?

Professional Work Permit is an Employment Pass for 2 years (DP10 Visa). Professional Work Permit means that an expatriate from another country is Highly Skilled and is Offered a Skilled Job in Malaysia. The skilled categories are the same as in Western Countries – IT Professionals, Teachers, Doctors, Nursing and Managers. In simple words it is an ‘Employment Pass’ issued by the Government for skilled workers. The initial validity of the pass is 2 years but it can be extended for 12 years.

A Company (Sdn. Bhd. i.e. Private Limited) needs to have a High Paid Up capital greater than RM 500,000/- to qualify for recruiting Foreign Skilled Workers. They need to satisfy the Immigration that they have Skilled Category Job Vacancies and therefore need skilled workers from Other Countries. The reason for employing Foreign Skilled Workers is that they could not find a Local Malaysian citizens with the required skills and professional background suitable for their job. This is where Professional Work Permit gets its importance and expatriates are selected based on their Background and Qualifications. They are offered an Offer Letter by the Recruiting Company to work for them. Upon signing the Offer Letter, they are given a Contract of Employment for two years.

This Employment Pass has a High Value in the International Arena. Those individuals seeking to apply for Canadian, Australian, UK and USA Immigration/work permits have a higher probability of success once they qualify for the Malaysian Professional Work Permit. Malaysian Companies are recognised all over the World. This means that their Work Experience is recognised internationally. For example Australia issues a 3 months visa for a Working Individual in Malaysia to explore and find a job there. Many Malaysian Companies have branches in Western and Far East Countries, therefore an employee can request for a transfer to another branch in USA, UK, Canada or Australia. This widens the horizons for an individual who in the long run is planning to settle in the West and working in Malaysia for the short run.

What is an Expatriate Visa?

It is the same as a Professional Visa which is commonly called DP10 visa. An Expatriate has a better potential of securing a better job career as compared to a General Worker.

What is i-Kad (Emplyment Pass ID Card)?

Upon Confirmation of your Professional Visa, the Immigration issues an i-kad (card) used as your Expatriate Identity Card for travelling within Malaysia.

How can I Qualify for a Professional Work Permit? 

There are several agencies in Malaysia that are providing Consultancy to Skilled Foreigners for applying for Professional Work Permits. The Candidate applying for a professional work permit is required to have Educational background and Working Experience in Skilled categories i.e. IT Professionals, Teachers, Doctors, Nursing and Managers. Sometimes due to less educational or professional experiences, it becomes difficult for candidates to qualify for a Professional Work Permit. This is where such Recruiting Agencies play a positive role in providing paper-work Consultancy.

Which Documents are Required for applying from my Home Country? 

1. Photocopy or Scanned Passport Copy ( All Pages )
2. Photocopies or Scanned Credentials
3. Curriculum Vitae/Resume

How can I get an Approval for a Calling Letter in 6-8 weeks?

This is the vital part for the end result must be an approval and certainly not a rejection. The process is very simple and practical.

Upon paying the relevant fee and filing the documents, the agency hands over the documents to the Immigration. This is the first stage where the agent submits documents in the Immigration. The Scheduled Meetings by Immigration Officers for submitting the cases for Pakistani’s, Indians, Bangladeshi, Indonesians and Nepali Citizens are held on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays every week. The Agents meet the Immigration Officer and presents the case for the candidate. He provides documentary proof that the candidate has fulfilled the criteria and has a professional background to be allowed a professional Work Permit Visa for two years. The Immigration at this point has the right to refuse or accept the case. But this is where the agent applies his specialized skills to convince the Immigration for an approval.

The Immigration after accepting the case will issues a reference number

Log on: Malaysia Immigration Services Website

This page displays your name, designation applied for, name of the company, date of approval and your reference number. Upon approval of your case check on the Right hand side the letter L represents Lulus (approved). Thus a positive aspect of this visa is that you can view the status online and check the progress of your visa. The Lead time to receive Lulus is ten working days.

In the second stage the agent arranges a Calling Visa for the candidate which allows the candidate to travel to Malaysia from the home country. If the candidate is already in Malaysia then he would apply for an extension (further leave to remain in the country) namely ‘Local Conversion’.

In the third stage the Agent issues a levy (Work Permit Sticker on the passport) for two years. The Lead time to receive the levy is three working days. This is the final stage when the candidate is handed back the passport and he is legally allowed to work in Malaysia. For his i-Card (identity card) he can go to the Immigration Office at Putrajaya, the very next day and receive his card within half an hour.

How much time does it take to apply for a Professional Work Permit?

The whole process from Case Submission till Calling Letter takes around 1 month. Upon receiving the Calling Letter you are liable to clear the Agency fee and travel to Malaysia.

Can my wife / dependents follow me to Malaysia? 

Yes your dependents can follow you to Malaysia and are permitted to seek employment.

Can my wife / dependents work in Malaysia? 

Yes they are allowed to seek employment in Malaysia.

How much can I earn every month?

Once the permit is issued there are brighter chances for earning a decent salary in Malaysia. It depends on your hard work. Normally you can earn from RM 2,500 to RM 5,000 depending upon your educational and professional background. IT professionals, doctors and nurses have a higher probability to earn more than RM 8,000. There are few jobs which are specific for Malaysian citizens, remaining are for all job seekers as long as they have a valid visa to work in Malaysia.

Can i apply for Permanent Residency in Malaysia?

Yes you can apply for Permanent Residency after 3 years upon working in Malaysia on a Professional Work Permit. You can avail the advantages such as a Malaysian IC (Identity Card), Personal, car and house loans, credits etc.

Can I apply for a Malaysian driving License?

If you have a license from your Country of Residence, you can convert it to a Full Malaysian License. The JPJ Office in Putra Jaya deals with driving license.

Can i register my own Company in Malaysia?

You have an opportunity to register your own company in Malaysia. Legally, you can register 100% Foreign owned company. Minimum 2 natural persons are required to register a company in Malaysia. If married, husband/wife also can be the 2 Directors/Shareholders of the company. This is the best and easiest way to settle in Malaysia.

Can i get a house on rent?

Yes you can rent an entire Row-House, Apartment or a Condominium with swimming pool and gym facilities for RM 500 to RM 1000 per month. Renting a Single Room can cost you around RM 200 to RM 300.

Can i get a Bank Account in Malaysia?

After receiving your Professional Work Permit, the Agency (Company) issues an Account Opening Letter for the Candidates to apply for a Bank Account. You need to present your Original Passport showing your valid Work Permit to the Bank Officer and they will open a Savings or Current Account upon request.

Can i get a Credit Card from any Malaysian Bank?

Yes, you can apply for Credit Cards from any Bank in Malaysia. The criteria is the same i.e depending upon your monthly income, credit history etc.

Why should i choose Malaysia for Employment?

Besides being a tourist attraction in the far East, Malaysia is a growing economy that offers expatriates from various countries to live and work here. General Workers (laborers) to Highly Skilled professionals can find suitable jobs and earn a better living. Expatriates from both Western and Eastern Countries enjoy a good standard of living followed by opportunities to work in the Far East countries like Singapore, even ahead till Netherlands and Australia. Malaysian Government allows their Local Enterprises (Sdn Bhd i.e. Private Limited) to seek Skilled Employees from other countries so as to fill the gaps; increasing productivity and efficiency on the whole.