Short term social visit pass is applied at Malaysian embassy overseas. Certain nationalities may be given Short Term Social Visit Pass upon arrival for the purpose of:
- Social visit
- Visiting Relatives
- Journalist / Reporter
- Meeting / Conference
- Business Discussion
- Factory Inspection
- Auditing Company’s Account
- Signing Agreement
- Doing survey on investment opportunities/setting up factory
- Attending Seminars
- On goodwill mission for students or sitting for examinations in University
- Taking part in sports competitions
- Other activities than above, approved by the Director General of Immigration.
Extension Social Pass Visit (FREE)
An Extension may be given on Special consideration e.g. due to illness, accident, war in home country etc. The visitor must furnish evidence, and also a “confirmed flight ticket’ back to their home country or third country.
Important for Students:
Effective 2022, foreigners holding Visit Pass (Social) who wish to study in Malaysia cannot convert their pass to Student Pass to in Malaysia. Following this the Journey Performed Visa will no longer be issued.
- Primary School
- Secondary School
- Private School
- International School
- Expatriate School